Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby Girl

My sister told me that I need to post a picture of my belly so here it is.
My belly at 34 weeks:

I realize also that I haven't posted any ultrasound pictures of this little girl. I don't have any super recent ultrasound pictures of her but this is her at 30 weeks.

She doesn't seem to like getting her picture taken. She always has something in front of her face or she turns so we can't get a picture at all. This is the best we've gotten so far.

I guess it is probably time to give a pregnancy update. This pregnancy has been pretty stressful. I have had TONS of doctor appointments and lots of little worries along the way. Thankfully she seems to be a healthy little girl and everything is going as it should. I had an ultrasound yesterday and she is already measuring a little over 6 pounds. That's right, and I have 6 more weeks to go. Fun! I don't think you can see it in this ultrasound picture but she has a full head of hair. She is going to be so cute!
In 2 weeks I am getting the stitches in my cervix taken out so she can come anytime after that. Zach didn't come early so I don't imagine she will come too early either, although you never know.
It is exciting to prepare for a little girl. It was kind of strange at first. I was so used to boy stuff that it took a little while for me to transition to shopping for girl stuff. Don't worry though, I got the hang of it quickly and now I have a closet full of pink and purple. Girls are so fun!

5 comments:

  1. I can't even tell you have fun girls are... I love having a girl! I'm sorry this pregnancy has been stressful, hopefully you'll forget all the stress its caused when you get to hold her. I'm so excited for you!!! I love how Norah and her will be the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and thats crazy she is already 6 lbs, thats how big Norah was when she was born... good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the ultrasound technician first told me she was measuring at 6lbs 5 oz I started laughing and told her that my niece who was born full term was that same size. She looked at me like "holy crap" and did the measurements over again. Yup, this little girl is definitely over 6lbs. She's a big one! The best part...her head is giant. It is measuring at almost 38 weeks size. That is going to be fun to push out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! So exciting, you look great! Can't wait to see the real deal :) Hopefully the last stretch isn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look way too stinkin cute pregnant! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear the awesome news!

    ReplyDelete