Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Little Angel

Today is a special day for our family. Three years ago we gave birth to a little girl named Hailey Rae. I was 23 weeks pregnant when I delivered her, she was stillborn. Going through the experience of losing a child was the hardest thing Ray and I have ever been through. Even to this day, thinking about it will bring tears to my eyes. She was so beautiful. She was 1 lb and 10 inches long, the size of a little doll. Her feet and hands were so tiny...so precious. We know that Hailey is in a happy place watching over us. We know that we will get to raise her again and how wonderful that will be. We are so grateful that she is a part of our family. She is our angel.
I remember at Hailey's funeral the Bishop that spoke said that on this day every year it is a time for Ray and I to reflect on how we are living our lives. Are we living righteous enough to return to our Heavenly Father and raise our daughter? Of course there are always things we can improve on but if that isn't enough motivation to live a righteous life then I don't know what is.

To our little angel,
We love you

5 comments:

  1. You are both my heros! You both handled it so well! We miss little Hailey, can't wait to meet her one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Ginger! We love your family and some day you will be with your sweet baby girl again:) We Are blessed in so many ways you have a wonderful sweet little boy that already knows his sweet sister. Thanks for sharing your post. It's not always easy but your bishop sound like a very smart man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger- Our first little girl was stillborn at 24 weeks, it was three years ago in July. I feel for your family, and agree about the motivation to live righteously. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami, I had no idea that you lost a little girl too. I'm so sorry. I bet our little girls are friends in Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete