Monday, June 28, 2010

Family Reunion

We had a family reunion this week at Wallowa Lake in Oregon. It was great to see all of my family but it definitely was not one of my favorite vacations. Here is why:

This is Zach helping me pack for the trip. Look how happy he is.


This is us at Wallowa Lake. Do you see any smiles from Zach?





This is Zach helping me unpack from the trip. What a happy boy!!



I felt like I was taking care of a different child this weekend. Zach didn't let anyone hold him except for me, he didn't smile, he didn't laugh, he didn't play, he didn't sleep. He sure was happy to get home. He loves coming home to his room, his crib, his dad (who stayed home to work) and his routine.

Although I spent most of my time dealing with a fussy baby it was fun hanging out with the family. I sure am lucky to have such a great family and I absolutely love getting together with them.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Babies just have such a hard time adjusting to a change in routine...and vacations have to be a shock to their systems ;) When Eva and I came back from VA in April, Spencer accused me of bringing home the wrong baby. She wanted nobody but me for days after returning home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that it's not only my baby! Everyone kept calling him a mama's boy, which he is, and I love it, but sometimes I wish I could just hand him off to someone for awhile. Hopefully it is just a stage that he will grow out of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger the problem was that I wasn't there! Of course he wouldn't be happy. Oh I need to call you.

    ReplyDelete