Sunday, February 14, 2010

Coupon ladies are crazy, or so I thought...

My sister in law, Natalie, used to tell me how she used coupons all the time and was saving so much money and how she was shopping at a bunch of different stores to find the best deals. She tried to talking me into joining the coupon world but I was not interested at all. I liked going to Winco twice a month, I didn't want to do more shopping trips than that. Well last month I saw the Coupon Mom on the today show and I couldn't believe how much money she was saving. I decided it was time for me to join the ladies of the coupon world.

I told Ray that I was going to start using coupons but I was never going to be one of the crazy ladies, like Natalie, who posted pictures of their shopping trips on their blog. Well after yesterday I learned why those crazy ladies post those pictures on their blog. It is because when you find an amazing deal you are proud of yourself and you want to show everyone. So here I am, posting pictures of my shopping trip yesterday. I think I am officially on the road to becoming a crazy coupon lady.

Yesterday we went to Rite Aid, which is a place I never shop. Now it is one of my favorite places to shop. Here is the picture of everything I bought.
If I would have walked in to the store and bought all of this straight off the shelf without any coupons it would have come to $114.45 (a few of the items were on sale). Well after all of my coupons and rebates I ended up making a profit of $11.26. You read that correctly, I made a PROFIT!!! Isn't that insane? I got paid to shop!

We also went to Walgreens yesterday, which is now one of my favorite stores also. This trip wasn't quite as exciting but it was still pretty impressive. Here is my Walgreens picture.If I would have walked into Walgreens and bought everything straight off the shelf it would have costs me $86.13 (again, a few things were on sale). Well after all of my coupons and register rewards I ended up spending $14.73. Not too bad, right?

So after a big day of shopping I ended up only spending a total of $3.47 (since I made a profit at Rite Aid). For a beginner coupon lady, I don't think I did too bad.


I don't know if anyone even reads our blog but if you are interested in couponing here are a few of the blogs/website I check daily for the best deals:
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com/
http://hip2save.com/ (Natalie just told me about this one)
http://www.couponmom.com/

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. So do you subscribe to the paper to get the coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do subscribe to Sunday's paper only but this week we bought 3 extra copies from the post office. To get the best savings you need to get more than 1 newspaper. There are tons of online coupon websites too. The ones I normally use are:
    coupons.com
    redplum.com
    grocerycouponnetwork.com
    smartsource.com
    Normally the Krazy Coupon Lady, or Coupon Mom, will tell you where to find the coupons you need.
    Are you interested in becoming a crazy coupon lady Kyle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it - you seriously made a killing, it took me weeks before I ever did that good!!! I quit doing it once I started getting sick with this one but you and your mom are bringing back the 'disease.' Once you start you can't go back to paying full price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Kyle - our Kyle? If so - couponing in your town is CRAZY, there are some seriously obsessed people out there but a really good local site it www.athrifymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ging I am impressed! Ha you are a crazy coupon lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete