Saturday, September 11, 2010

Recipes

I have already had a request from my friend Ashley for the baby food recipes, so here they are:

Golden Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

1/4 cup golden flax meal
3/4 cup farina (wheat cereal)
1 1/4 cup of flour (I used whole wheat)
1/4 cup or 1/2 cup raw-turbinado sugar (I used 1/4 regular sugar, next time I might add a little more)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
3/4 cup milk (you can use soy milk)
1/4 cup oil (or 1/4 applesauce but the texture will be more springy instead of dense)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup of blueberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 400F
Toss all ingredients together and mix until all is moist.
Lightly oil muffin tins or use inserts
Spoon into muffin tins, filling 1/2 way
Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes

Yield – 12-18 muffins depending on size of muffin cups

Baby Cereal Pancakes Recipe

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup baby barley cereal (or other commercial baby cereal)
1 cup formula (or another liquid such as milk)(I used milk)
1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)
1 tbsp melted margarine or butter (unsalted type)
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup baby oatmeal ( commercial baby cereal)
apple juice (about 1/2 cup) or use water if you prefer (I used almost 1 cup, they cooked better when they were thinner)

Add cinnamon, nutmeg, dash of vanilla or other flavorings if you wish.

Mix all ingredients together and add enough juice to make pancake consistency. Cook on cook top in frying pan as with "regular" pancakes.

I hope your kids enjoy these, mine sure did. I think my next mission is biter biscuits/cookies. I will let you know how they turn out!
If anyone else has any great recipes that their baby/toddler loves please feel free to send them my way!!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment